At Brighton, influencer engagement combines a number of related disciplines including messaging strategy, media relations, influencer outreach, social media, content development and community management. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and helping execute innovative influencer programs for clients that effectively “break through the noise” and connect by delivering value and results. You’ll work across several clients, side by side with collaborative and committed colleagues across disciplines like brand building, creative, media and insights. And you’ll develop strategy and content for some of the leading brands that reach and engage Farm, Food and Family audiences.
As a key leader on our Influencer Engagement team, you will work with our Customer Insights and Brand Builder teams to propose and implement strategic influencer engagement programs that connect brands and people with thoughtful and engaging marketing solutions.
This is an opportunity to showcase your passion and deep knowledge for media relations, social media, content creation and analysis. Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Proactively driving winning ideas forward as part of Brighton’s strategic planning process
- Integrating social and consumer insight into context that builds brands
- Engaging in traditional public relations activities, including writing articles and press releases, testimonial gathering, media relations, event support, photography, and media training in addition to social PR tactics
- Developing relationships with media contributors of importance to our clients’ businesses, monitoring media activities; and responding to media requests (traditional and social)
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing content, optimized for the target platform and audience, that builds meaningful connections and encourages audiences to take action
- Creating editorial calendars for social and traditional content creation and execution
- Seeking out, embracing and identifying innovative ways to amplify social advocates for our clients’ brands
- Using relevant social data and reporting to consistently optimize social media impact and content on an on-going basis
- Identifying and engaging online influencers such as bloggers, YouTubers, etc.
- Building and executing social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Supporting new business and organic growth
- 7 to 10 years of experience with public relations experience in a corporate or agency setting, B.S. in Communications, Marketing, New Media, Public Relations or similar required
- Experience with social media in an agency environment, along with a deep knowledge of online and traditional marketing channels
- Strategic content creation and excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with ability to work with a wide range of personalities and audiences
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management.
- Experience recruiting and managing digital influencers and online personalities
- Farm, food or family marketing communications experience a plus
- Ability to illustrate results and go the extra mile for clients
- Simultaneously manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive independently and as a team member in a creative, friendly and fast-paced environment