We are looking for a passionate, experienced Social Media Strategist to join our team. You will play a key role in a variety of industries, including pet care, consumer products and agriculture. You will be responsible for leading the social media team, including maintaining, growing, and monitoring the social presence of our clients and managing monthly reporting. The ideal candidate enjoys finding creative solutions to challenges, is exceptionally detail oriented, and takes tremendous pride in the results.
Let’s build our business by helping our clients build their business.
- Design and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Recommend and manage paid campaigns.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company’s social media content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Create and manage editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices and then acting on the information.
- Provide monthly reporting to show ongoing progress for client accounts.
- Serve as community manager for several brands.
- Supervise and mentor associate social media specialists by delegating responsibilities while setting and maintaining deadlines.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Desire to work in the office.
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in social media or marketing.
- Experience working at an agency or in-house on behalf of brand account is required.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in social media platforms and asset requirements (experience using TikTok on behalf of a brand account is a plus).
- Experience working with a wide range of creative formats, including short-form video, photography, GIFs and live videos.
- Proven track record creating large-scale social campaigns, providing examples for reference.
- Understanding of hyper-personalized social media based on audience profiles.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to customize copy to specific activities and markets.
- Comfort with working with data in Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Moves with a sense of urgency and comfort with managing deadlines.
- Experience working an agency setting.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive data.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or similar field.
Ready to be a Brightonian? Qualified candidates may apply below.